Jenny regularly writes her own blog, see below, and occasionally writes for publications including The Guardian, The Independent and The Telegraph
- My legal action on Automated Facial Recognition (7/25/2018) - Big Brother Watch and myself, have launched a legal action against the Met Police and the Home Office regarding the unregulated use of Facial Reognition Technology.
- Starting a rebellion against secondary legislation (7/24/2018) - Did you know that the Government are able to wave through masses of tweaks to the law with little to no scrutiny by a process called “secondary legislation”?
- Rethinking recycling (7/23/2018) - The National Audit Office has today published its report on “The Packaging Recycling Obligations” The report proves that our recycling system is broken and we really need to focus on producing and consuming less. We… More
- Child spies doing police work on: terrorism, gang violence and sexual exploitation (7/18/2018) - I was shocked to learn this week that the police and other public authorities are legally allowed to use children as spies. I only found out because the Government wants to change the rules, so… More
- Clean Air (Human Rights) Bill launch (7/4/2018) - July 5th is the 62nd anniversary of the first Clean Air Act becoming law Local people and communities around the country would be able to take legal action to defend their right to clean air… More
- Questions for short debate (7/4/2018) - Questions for short debate are extra to the Oral Question allowance but can take 6 months to be tabled and only one can be entered at a time. The debate is longer than an Oral… More
- Water is too precious to stay in private hands (7/2/2018) - Putting water back into public hands would not end the need for hosepipe bans, but it would make them a lot less frequent. For starters, there is over £13.5bn paid to shareholders in the past 8… More
- Fracking, Heathrow and nukes have no place in a modern economy (6/28/2018) - There are so many urgent actions and recommendation from today’s CCC report on what the government needs to do in order to stay within the UKs legally binding limits for climate change emissions. We know… More
- The police are making political choices about domestic extremism (6/26/2018) - Why are the police making political choices about who is and is not an extremist? The Hunt Saboteurs Association was founded in 1963 and advocating non-violent tactics, which has been put in a police document alongside… More
- Government given Thursday deadline on court action over facial recognition (6/26/2018) - My solicitors have written to the Home Office and the Metropolitan Police giving them until the 28th June to either stop using automated facial recognition technology or prove that they have a lawful basis to… More